Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Man's Greatest Achievement

Yesterday on CNN they posted an article asking about man's greatest achievement. It got me thinking. What is man's greatest achievement? It's hard not to top the moon landing.

Zac said antibiotics and I'd have to agree with him. I'd like to also add in vaccines. Think of all the diseases we've been able to cure. Think of all the diseases we've been able to stop before we get them! Polio. Measles. Mumps. Tetanus. Tuberculosis. Now they have a vaccine for chicken pox.

I'd also add the written word and the printing press. I'm bias, though, since I love to read and write!! But they both made communicating with others so much easier. Think about it. Before the written word stories were told orally and as a result were changed or even lost forever. Writing was able to preserve these stories forever and in the way the creator wanted it. The printing press was able to distribute these stories to everyone. Branching off of this is the Internet.

How about agriculture? The ability to grow food to feed so many people.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment