Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gay Marriage - Equal Rights For Everyone!

Gay marriage. The fact that this subject is even a debate is laughable. A law saying who can and cannot be married should not even exist. It's sad that is the way it has to be. It is sad that there had to be a Civil Rights Act in order for black people to get equal rights. It's sad that there had to be an amendment for women to vote. 

I've said before I'm not liberal or conservative. I'm a Libertarian. I believe in equality for all. I'm not going to pick and choose who should and shouldn't be married by who they sleep with. EVERYONE should be able to be married under the law. I agree that we should not force churches to marry people they don't want to marry because we need to keep government and religion separate. Anyway, being married in a church is not legally binding.

First off, I want to know why anyone cares what two consenting adults do behind closed doors. WHY DO YOU CARE?!?!? Don't you have other things to worry about? For all I know my neighbors could be really into S&M, but I don't care. It's none of my business. Why do you care who that man or woman goes to bed with? Why should you judge someone on that?!? 

I will never ever understand how a person can judge someone else on their skin color, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, or religion. It just boggles my mind. 

And who knows? Maybe my children will be gay. Will I care? No! Should I care? Absolutely not. And if they are gay I want to make sure they are just as protected as their father and me. They are people too. If my daughter wants to marry her girlfriend more power to her!! I will only object if the woman is not good enough for my daughter. Oh who am I kidding. No one, man or woman, will ever be good enough for my daughter! LOL!! :-D

And don't bring religion into this. If you're going to bring the Bible up for your defense USE THE WHOLE BIBLE!! Do not just pick bits and pieces that fit into your ideas. The Bible even contradicts itself on issues. I wasn't raised with religion (both my parents are atheists), but my husband was and he said the Bible shouldn't be taken literally. 

I've said before I respect everyone's right to free speech and their right to their opinion. But one thing I will not tolerate is hateful speech. You can debate all you want on my wall, but when you start calling homosexuals fags that's when you have crossed the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment